12+ Common Life Challenges & Resources to Overcome Them.
We all go through difficult times in our lives and while there’s no magic solution or one-size-fits-all answer to these issues, sometimes a change in perspective, clear strategies and insights go a long way to helping us get through the storms of life.
Here are various issues and some helpful resources to overcome them. Read through (by Clicking underlined texts) and please share with someone who may find any of these resources useful:
- DISCOURAGED: Do you feel discouraged? Hopeless? Do you feel like you’ve given your best effort yet you’re not getting results? Do you feel like giving up on yourself or your dreams? Read these:
2. ANXIETY & FEAR
Do you often you get worried a lot? Or do you often find yourself anxious or afraid that something will go wrong or something bad will happen?
These resources may help (Click underlined texts)
3. DEPRESSION & SUICIDE (Joy): Struggling with frequent sadness or feelings of despair, or sometimes feeling you were better dead?
Here are articles on Depression & Suicide from a trusted medical doctor and friend: Doc Ayomide
Mental disorders: https://docayomide.com/topics/mental-illness/
Pain & Recovery: https://docayomide.com/topics/pain/
4- CHILDREN CONCERNS: Do you often worry about your children? Do you worry if they will grow into confident, responsible and godly adults with a healthy self esteem? Read these:
5. LONELINESS (Connected): Do you often feel alone, even when you are surrounded by friends and family? Do you feel like you have no one you can really call a friend— no one who truly understands you and connects you? Do you often feel isolated and separate from others?
Read/Watch these (Click underlined text)
The Simple Cure to Loneliness|Baya Voce
All The Lonely People| Karen Dolva
6- GRIEF (Comfort): Are you grieving? Have you lost a loved one and it still hurts deeply and affects your ability to move forward with life? Watch these powerful videos below:
7. SEXUAL ISSUES (Freedom)- Are you addicted to Pornography, sex, etc? This will help (Click links in underlined text)
8. SUBSTANCE ADDICTION (Freedom): Do you find it difficult to function well unless you take drugs, alcohol or other addictive substances? Have drugs become a habit? These resources will help you break free:
9. LOW SELF ESTEEM (God-fidence): Feeling like others are better than you? Feeling small? Lacking confidence? Feeling insecure? Feeling worthless or often feeling you don’t matter much? These resources may help:
10. Guilt, Trauma & Abuse:
Is there something you did or that happened to you that hurts you deeply whenever you remember or makes you feel terrible, guilty, afraid, or dirty and unclean?
Have you suffered trauma such as sexual abuse, emotional abuse, severe bullying or shaming or some other incidence that brings you great pain? These may help:
And check out this archive: Pain & Recovery: https://docayomide.com/topics/pain/
11- FAILURE & REJECTION: Have you experienced failure after failure? Do you feel like a failure? Do you struggle with feelings of rejection?
12- PEER PRESSURE: Are you easily influenced by others? Do you often give in to pressure from your peers to do what you don’t want to?
Will you like to help those who are struggling with these issues?
Did you enjoy this article? I’ll appreciate if you Share the article and Clap for it (you can clap up to 50 times) so more people get to see it. Thank you.
Hi. I'm Dipo. I write, speak and train on soft skills and overcoming limiting emotions such as anxiety, fear, failure, rejection, the feeling of not-being-good-enough, low self-esteem, doubt etc.
Generally, I share content on personal development. If you'll like to know whenever I publish an article, please sign up here
Got a question or comment? Let's talk here
Want inspiring content on social media? Let’s connect on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Medium on Dipo Adebayo